Monday, February 8, 2010

Side Effects

If I'm going to post more about life with one leg I have to tell you a quirky little fact about being sick. It took me a while to figure it out but I finally realized that almost every time my body is sick, with a bad cold, bladder infection, and recently, strep throat, my leg aches.

More specifically my stump aches. I used to go in to see my leg guy, thinking I needed an adjustment of some kind. But anything he did just had to be adjusted back once I felt better. Then it dawned on me.

When my body is low, fighting off some illness or infection, it somehow translates into the nerves in my stump. Like getting a headache when you're sick. Instead, I get a leg ache.

It doesn't help the situation, of course, because not only do I feel yukky in my body, but on top of that my leg hurts when I walk too. Just another way my body forces me to get the rest I probably needed anyway.

Okay, that's it. Quirk of the day. My strep throat from last week is gone so my leg is feeling good again. Off to the races of normal life....

No comments: