Monday, March 29, 2010

In the Kitchen with Isaac



He is my kid who loves to cook. He loves the mixing and the pouring and the licking of bowls when it is all done.

He is also my comedian. Hardly a day goes by that he doesn't make me laugh.

So it shouldn't have surprised me to overhear him talking to the cantaloupe as he so diligently dove into his assignment of making fruit cubes for dinner. The words out of his mouth did not make sense until I looked up from my own stirring and mixing.

"Hold on Phil! You're gonna make it! The Medi-Vac is on it's way!"

I looked over to see him bent over the small round fruit, holding the two sides of the cantaloupe together as its orange-y 'guts' spilled out onto the counter.

"Hold on Buddy! You're gonna make it!"

Everything's a war game with boys, isn't it? I guess I should be thankful mine was playing medic, not assassin....

1 comment:

* said...

I love these moments, captured in all their sweet, fleeting glory.

PS: Found your blog just now and quite enjoying it.